Prep Time: 15 Mins
Yields: 24 cupcakes
Ingredients:Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® Cake Mix (any flavor)
Betty Crocker® Sky Blue Cupcake Icing
Betty Crocker® Black Decorating Gel
Betty Crocker® Parlor Perfect Praline Crunch
Cake Mate® Kids Assortment Candy Cake Decorations (Sea Life)
Instructions: Line cupcake pan with liners. Bake the cupcakes according to the mix directions. Let cupcakes cool on wire racks.
Using Betty Crocker Black Gel, draw a fishbowl shape around the edge of the cupcake top. Inside the black line, draw Betty Crocker Sky Blue Cupcake Icing onto the cupcake. For this, use the flat tip to pipe icing in wavy lines across the cupcake. Sprinkle the bottom of the fishbowl with Parlor Perfect Praline Crunch to resemble gravel. Decorate your fishbowl with fish from the Candy Cake Decorations pack.
1. Use pieces of green fruit leather to make aquarium plants.
2. When piping icing, it is helpful to have a little dish nearby to practice your piping before you begin decorating.
3. Let the kids help by giving them the job of adding the fish and plants to the fishbowls.
4. Give yourself a break and use a cake mix if it makes the project easier and more fun for you. Sometimes simplifying the steps gives you more time for the fun part - decorating!
5. You can break this project into two days if needed. Make the cupcakes and store them in an airtight container. Have fun decorating them the next day.